Thu, 19 May|
RED Workshop - Bucklands
The RED Group is holding a workshop to see who is interested in working with the Buckland's Community, at Port Elliot and Hindmarsh Island. This will be to deliver a number of micro enterprises to be run by people living with disability, with the coaching from the RED team.
Time & Location
19 May 2022, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Port Elliot, 650 Port Elliot Rd, Port Elliot SA 5212, Australia
About the event
The RED Group is working with the Buckland's Community, at Port Elliot and Hindmarsh Island, to deliver a number of micro enterprises to be run by people living with disability, with the coaching from the RED team. Buckland's Community is on 48 acres featuring small buildings, gardens, woodlands, wetlands, and revegetation areas and is within walking distance to Rattalanga-Bashams Reserve. It was established primarily to support people with Autism to engage in social activity. We are hosting a 3 hour workshop to work closely with those inerested in being involved within the Buckland's Community.
Who are we looking for?
- People living with disability with a keen interest in working in rural social enterprise
- People who want to be a part of the Buckland's Community farm project in Port Elliot and Hindmarsh Island
- People with an NDIS plan (desirable)
- SLES capacity plan (desirable)
Social Enterprises Under Development Include:
- A café
- A coffee and beverage cart
- Whale watching / native and wildlife / coastal walking tour activities
- Mini-cattle farm
- Chicken yard
- Wicking making workshop
- Community enterprise to produce and sell olive oil
Please arrive at 10:30am for a 11:00am start. The workshop itself runs from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Lunch and other refreshments included, and thanks to funding from the NDIA, are completely free to attend.
Want to know more?
Contact our RED Team member Coco Karriem via firstname.lastname@example.org.